Korea Day 1: Anguk.
As I reached Incheon Airport at 8 am, I headed to get my Mugunghwa Train ticket and AREX non stop ticket from the airport to Seoul Station.
When I reached Seoul Station ( imagine modernized KL Sentral with lots of Korean army 💦) .
I put my luggage into self-use locker thinking that it was the cheaper option rather than Premium Luggage Storage but oh boy, I made a mistake! It was on hourly basis so by the end of the day I had to pay 14 000KRW to store my luggage.
🌟So, the TIPS here is use the Premium Storage Centre that can be found in B2 Seoul Station (if I'm not mistaken) as they charge you per bag. But they closed quite early so be sure to pick up your stuffs before they are closed!
I planned my itinerary so that I can go to places that is near the same subway station on the same day. So after storing our luggage in the locker we head to Anguk Station.
🌟 Second tip of the day, download MetroMan app for easy navigation on subway as you just have to put your current station and your destination. Easy peasy and it can be used OFFLINE.
🌟 You need a map! Download Seoul Offline map. It has English as well as Korean so definitely helpful!
So off we go to Anguk St. as all of places that we are supposed to go can be reached from the station. I started the journey with few minor hiccup as the paper map that I have is not very accurate so I asked around and managed to find Mukshidonna Tteobboki!
I order cheese and seafood tteobokki along with odaeng(fishcake) and ramen. The taste was so good and it cost us 11 000 KRW which is a steal for stew like this.
It was totally worth it!
Next destination, Changdeokgung Palace. It was nearby the subway station so don't go astray otherwise you'll ended up making a detour and Korea is very hilly and the summer heat is NOT forgiving at all!
I paid 3 000 KRW as the entrance fee then of I go to enjoy the beautiful palace 🌟
I like the palace but it doesn't make me go "WOW" . I think Gyeongbokgung is more worthy to be visited unless you are a big fan of Korean Palaces. I am more of temples and ruins kind of girl so this palace doesn't really enchant me .
After wandering around the palace we head to Insadong Ssamziegil Mall (Spiral Mall). It was a mall that sell handmade goods. Many artsy stuff can be found there and the road leading to the mall sells lots of little trinkets to be brought home like keychains, fridge magnets. You get the geez and you should really shop for souvenirs there as it was the cheapest place that I could find to buy souvenirs.
I bought 9 pieces of FM for just 5 000 KRW. Make sure make a tour first then compare and pick the cheapest stall. You don't want to pay more for the same thing, don't you?!
I wander around till it was around 6 before I head back to Seoul station as I have to catch my Mugunghwa train that night.
I went to Lotte Mart Seoul which is heaven for cheap goods BUT the queue was craaaaaaaaaayzeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Comments
Post a Comment